Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Food Revolution?


Have any of you watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? Apparently it airs on Friday nights on ABC, but I just watched the first two episodes on Hulu. It's somewhat sensationalistic, being a TV reality show, but based on the data regarding obesity and diabetes related deaths in the United States, and the food that is typically being eaten on this show, it should be sensationalistic. There is not a green or fresh vegetable eaten in the first episode, and in the second only grudgingly, and this is amongst adults and children. Its really appalling, but not all that surprising. I watched it with my mother, and about half-way through I turned to her and thanked her for always having been a good cook, vegetable gardener, and natural foods co-op shopper.

4 comments:

  1. I watched the first two episodes friday night and I was horrified by what they were feeding those kids. I am looking forward for more episodes. I already love Jamie Oliver and I'm glad he's doing this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the worst thing was the food that family ate in a week. When Jamie piled it on the table and it was all brown and yellow, no color variation at all-- so gross! I don't know how they can eat that day in and day out and not feel sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it for the first time a couple days ago. Appalling is right.


    unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you to thank your mother. I haven't seen this yet, but it's waiting for me on my dvr - I'm thinking there's a Jamie marathon in my future.

    ReplyDelete