Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Edition: The Beginning of Fall

I tried to sit outside and read a couple of old Dominos, but the apples that needed picking kept calling my name.

Whew, many of my weekends are so busy that I feel like Mondays should be the real day of rest.  Its slightly overcast today, making me really feel like a nap is in order.  This weekend's big project was weeding and mulching a big area around the kitchen garden, in addition to normal weekend things like irrigating, baking, laundry, etc.  I've got a couple of recipes in line for posts, but writing them up and processing their accompanying photos is going to take a little more energy than I have today.  For now, here are a couple of photos from the early fall garden.

Garlic chives in bloom.
Even though winter is my least favorite season, sometimes I look forward to it for the sole reason that all the work that a big garden entails is over for a few months.  Anyone else feeling summer chore burnout?

No comments:

Post a Comment