Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo

I signed up for NaNoWriMo. I figured that at the very least it'll be a good thing to write every day, even if most of it turns out to be nonsense. My weekends are usually so crazy busy that by Sunday evening I can barely keep my eyes open, and yesterday was no exception. Fall is killer when it comes to house/yard chores, harvesting projects (still processing apples, yesterday it was apple butter). I wasn't able to sit down to write until 9:00 last night, but managed to get down 1055 words, before the time change yesterday made me too tired to keep going. In order to get the goal word count of 50,000 by the end of the month, I should have kept it up for another 600 words. Guess I'll just have to try to make up for it today. I have several characters mapped out in my head, and a basic organizing structure for the plot, so I feel okay with it all. Now it'll just be a matter of seeing whether or not my characters will cooperate with my plot. Should be fun. Or really frustrating? Too soon to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing - Writing fiction is so intimidating to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete