Friday, December 4, 2009

NaNoWriMo Finish

I only wrote 10,141 words in November, no where near the 50,000 word goal. There were several reasons such as the holiday and a really fractured schedule, but the main reason was a lack of daily inspiration. I like the novel idea that I've come up with, and I found the days that I wrote to be really satisfying. I think that part of my problem was the total last minute decision to participate, which meant that I just started writing that first week with literally no plot in mind. After a certain point I had developed some characters that interested me, but I still had no idea where I was taking them. So, despite my lack of productivity toward that final goal, I really loved NaNoWriMo and definitely plan to do it again next year.

3 comments:

  1. I think what you accomplished is amazing regardless - I have never in my life written 10,141 words of fiction! Congrats anyway, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I must be the last person to discover this, but this fantastic novel that I just finish was originally begun as part of National Novel Writing Month, it turns out. Amazing.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_for_Elephants

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were doing this, Sasha -- how cool!

    ReplyDelete